Monday, May 01, 2006

Alligator Pictures from the Pearl River near Jackson, Mississippi



Yesterday I went up the Pearl River near Jackson to do a little afternoon bass fishing. It was a beautiful afternoon with light winds and temperatures in the upper 70s. I was fortunate enough to get several good alligator pictures while I was there. I always take my digital camera on my fishing trips because this is a beautiful area and you never know what you will see.


Generally the alligators will keep their distance and tolerate some photography. Of the two animals I saw the larger one was about eight to ten feet long. That's the one on the bank. The one swimming in the water is around five feet long. They are quite plentiful on the Pearl River on the upper end of the Ross Barnette Reservoir which is northeast of Jackson, Mississippi. I did catch one nice bass that I released.

No comments: